skip navigation Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
Families & Children Women Teens Adults Seniors People with Disabilities
Putative Father Registry

Filing a Claim of Paternity Affidavit protects a father's right to receive notice of a pending intrastate or interstate adoption and the right to request a hearing to prove paternity.

The Claim may be filed prior to the birth of the child but must be filed prior to the birth mother's parental rights being voluntarily surrendered or involuntarily terminated. Upon the filing of an intrastate or interstate adoption proceeding, the court will check the Registry for a Claim, and will issue the required notice to the provided address. Failure to timely register a Claim of Paternity shall bar the alleged father from thereafter bringing an action to establish his paternity of the child. Call (603) 271-4427 for more information.

Return the completed, notarized form to:

Division of Child Support Services
Putative Father Registry
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301-3857

To see if there are other options available to you concerning your claim of paternity, you may wish to speak to a lawyer, or call the DCSS Client Services Unit at (603) 271-4427.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

Translate this page


New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3852

copyright 2010. State of New Hampshire